3.16.2008

Easter Eggs

Remember being a kid on Easter morning, and the day included an egg hunt? How fun. Ours were usually hidden inside, since the weather is so iffy in my area of the country. The eggs would be filled with treats or money, and the day was basically focused on how much candy my siblings and I could eat without getting sick. My weakness was chocolate. My younger brothers and sister enjoyed my favorite, along with gummy stuff, Peeps, and basically anything with tons of sugar in it. To this day, my parents still make me a basket. It's quite hysterical. Only recently have they stopped hiding it and forcing me to find it in their house.

Today, Easter Eggs have gone high-tech. Referred to as Digital Easter Eggs, it's when software code contains a hidden surprise, like a game, a photo, or a reference to a character or item. They turn up in regular software applications, operating systems, movies, and TV shows, to name a few. You can find more information about these fun little things at The Easter Egg Archive. It's so fun!

Speaking of Easter Eggs, I was thinking of adding a digital one to my Etsy shop in honor of the upcoming holiday, and possibly pairing it with an extra percentage discount. I'll probably run it along with the Saturday Night Special...I just have to think of something cool to do. Nothing high tech or anything, but we'll see.

So, what about you? Any fun ideas for promotions/sales for the upcoming weekend? Which ones have worked? Thanks for sharing.

5 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

My daughter had her egg hunt yesterday, 300 eggs in the house too.
I still make Easter Baskets for each family...

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Wow, thanks for bringing back childhood memories..to this day I can't resist a peep! My sons are 17 and 19..I guess I have to get cracking and start my easter candy shopping!

Anonymous said...

I love that your parents still make you look for a basket in your house until recently. That's so funny! My parents had the silly idea that the Easter bunny would leave the basket on our dressers in our bedroom, which I think they soon began to regret, because it's hard for excited kids to fall asleep so the Easter bunny can sneak in. And that's how I learned the truth... one Easter my mom got tired of waiting for me to fall asleep and marched into my room with the basket at 2 a.m., announced that there was no Easter bunny, and went to bed.

I like the idea of using the software Easter Egg concept as a promotion in your shop. :)

gr8tfulgirl said...

Great memories for me too! My sister would try to eat everything in her basket on the first day, not a good idea.........nice blog.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I keep forgetting this Sunday is Easter!! I got a basket from my mom up until the time I had a kid. Now they get the goodies.