3.01.2008

A Cool (er...warm) Treasury & Other Updates

The wonderful WanderLustMosaics picked my Pink Chocolate earrings for a treasury this week; here is the collection:

Thanks, WanderLust!

In other news, I finally got Bizzy Buzz posted last night, as well as a pair of earrings that I call Halcyon. I like that word. According to Merriam-Webster, it means calm and peaceful when used as an adjective. Yay for labradorite and rainbow moonstone, a perfect fit!

This weekend is going to be not-so-fun. As mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm looking at a major deliverable for work, and that means I'll be putting in some Saturday hours. This will hinder some of my creativity, as I really wanted to get a couple pairs of earrings done and work on my order for a set of bridal party necklaces. Oh well...can't complain. I love my job and the people I work with; every once in a while I need to suck it up and deal with the extra hours. I'll get it over it!

I think the part that is bothering me even more is the fact that I get my taxes done on Monday. I hate preparing for it! I have all of my stuff pretty much done for Simply Wired Custom Jewelry, but now I need to organize everything for our personal taxes. BOR-ing. Even though we have an accountant, there is still some organization that needs to be done, and it's not that it's hard, I just don't want to do it because it's not any fun. 'Nuff said.

Boohoo readers, boohoo. Tomorrow is looking better and better though, as I have an Ani Difranco show to attend. I haven't seen the li'l folksinger since the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival in 2005, so I'm definitely looking forward to this treat. I'll post updates from the show next week.

Until then, keep on rockin'.

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Yay to being featured in that treasury!!

Bleh to the tax prep.

Anonymous said...

you know chels, the other morning they were playing Ani on WYEP... and I thought of you. For some reason i have the two of you linked in my head. I was wondering if you were going to the concert. Hope you had a great time.
-paula

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

Hi Paula! Actually, the concert is tomorrow night; I'm excited! And hey, I don't mind if you link me with her all the time...she's my folksinging goddess! :oD I'm hoping to get some inspiration, too...the brother will be back here soon, and we'll be writing, writing, writing for The Simple Groove.