1.13.2008

In the Backyard

Here's a quick and fun post, readers, brought to you by my backyard and the visitors that come there often.

Remember that red-bellied woodpecker I mentioned in a previous post? Well, I finally caught him in action! Check him out--he's saying hello! You can catch another view of him on my Flickr page.

Red-Bellied Woodpecker 1

And check out this one. He's a little portly goldfinch. He hangs out at my feeders all day and soaks in my birdbath, too! He let me get really close for the shot, so I'm hoping that he's not having a health issue. When I got even closer, he flew away to the tree where many of the goldfinches hang out, so hopefully he'll be fine.

Hey Big Finchie!

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy my Sunday evening. I'll be listing things in my Etsy shop all night, so check back often! Also--a note--I'm traveling for work on Monday 1/14 through Wednesday 1/16, so I won't be in the studio until I return. All orders will be filled and/or custom made upon my return.

2 comments:

Paisley The Jackabee said...

Great pictures! Love the woodpecker. We have a Pileated Woodpecker that hangs out here. Been trying to catch him with my camera.

idyll hands said...

I love birds in the winter. They seem to pose for pictures a bit easier than the summer birds :)