1.31.2008

Fire Gypsy

Sigh. Well, I wanted to work on something new tonight, given the latest group I joined on Flickr, which is titled "Design a Day" courtesy of gemmafactrix! But, I had violin lessons, and then when I got home I had a few other things to take care of, and then I wanted to list two more items...and, well, you know. So, tomorrow I'll start the challenge.

First off, if I feel like weaving and coiling, I'd like to do a "redo" of the pendant in my Fire Gypsy necklace (yeah, that's what I decided to name it). I posted another version of this in one of my previous entries. Upon further inspection, I noticed that my coils aren't lining up correctly at the bottom (see what I mean...look at the top of the spiral...that little piece of wire sticks out where the coil should cover it), and they just look a little too sloppy for me. So, back to the drawing board! Bummer, because I'm going to lose about 8 feet of wire, but luckily it's a smaller gauge and doesn't impact me as much.

In other news, I'm still waiting on one final item--my saw blades--in order to do some of the metalsmithing projects I want to do. Ugh. It's been more than two weeks now, and I'm getting restless. Until then, maybe I'll just draw everything that I have in my head, that should keep me occupied for a few hours LOL.

No comments: