10.23.2007

Improving the Etsy Shop, Days 9-11

I’m almost caught up! I’m up to days 9-11 of my 30 Days to a Better Etsy Shop. What’s nice is that since I’m just starting to build up my inventory, I can read these tips and apply them as I list items. So, here’s the rundown:

Day 9 was Join a Street Team. Already done! I’m a member of the EtsyBloggers Street Team since September '07. Check out the logo I added on my left navigation bar, too! Days 10-11 were Update Your Tags. I was pleased to find that the reference used for this activity was the Storque’s Guidelines & Tips: Tagging on Etsy. I used these guidelines for tagging my items; hopefully they will bring me some luck in Etsy’s search engine.

Finally, I also worked on my sponsor banner, which I’ll use if I decide to sponsor fellow Etsy bloggers:

I also have a few additional custom orders; updates will be posted here and on my Flickr page:

  • A mosaic brooch that uses sterling silver wire, garnets, and red coral.

  • A 15” necklace that incorporates cat’s eye, black onyx, sterling silver tube beads, and sterling silver wire (I already made one of these, you can see it on my Flickr page (I didn’t post it here because the pic ain’t so hot).

  • An 18” necklace that incorporates turquoise and sterling silver wire (and probably some Hill Tribes Silver as well--I’m gonna love this one!).

  • Bridesmaids’ necklaces, adjustable, that include Swarovski pearls, Swarovski crystals, sterling silver spiral tube beads, and sterling silver wire.

Now, the problem will be keeping up with other items to make to sell on my Etsy page.

Anyway...more products on the way, so stay tuned.

No comments: