11.10.2007

Why I Love My Camera

So, my husband went away on a hunting trip this week to Vermont. Before he left, he asked if he could take my camera with him. I said yes of course! I want him to be able to capture scenes from the deep woods of Vermont and its mountainous landscape with only the best of the best. However, this is putting a real damper on me at home, as it's going to hinder me listing new items because I believe my old camera (The Brick) has finally had it.

Yes readers, for tonight I was going to do some quick 'n dirty pics of some of my works in progress, including some of my custom orders. I took The Brick into the photo studio (as in, my little work room), and snapped away. I then loaded the pics on to my computer, hoping something would be salvageable; alas, they were all stinkaroo. I really don't know how I functioned with that thing. The macro setting is terrible; I was only a foot away and the photos were STILL blurry! Image stabilization is also a luxury that I just don't know HOW I lived without for so long.

Anyway, here's some updates if you care to know:

The brooch I was working on for my friend (view the draft version) is finished; it has a combination of red coral, red garnet (so deep red it's almost purple), some red Czech glass faceted rounds, and some sterling silver beads. The weight of the brooch itself is awesome! I hope she likes it. If not, I'm sure there's room for it in my Etsy store.

A friend of mine requested a custom order for his girlfriend, and I was really torn about what to make for her. Then, I decided labradorite would be the perfect fit. Now, I must tell you, I'm a turquoise girl at heart, and I noticed that quite a few sellers list labradorite as their favorite gem. I really didn't want to jump on the bandwagon, as I figured the stone had enough followers. And then I received a big strand of nuggets in the mail. Oh, how I love it. The way the color reflects differently in each piece, with flashes of blue and light green...it's just magical. And the combination of it with rainbow moonstone? YUM. So, I can't wait to make this gift. She's going to love it.

So, without the camera, I'll be renewing this week rather than listing new stuff. That's OK though, because it will give me time to create a few more originals (including some pieces with smoky quartz, another new fave of mine). Next week, I'll be back with some works in progress, as my husband will be back and hopefully my camera will be in one piece!

No comments: