5.12.2008

Newest Visitor: Indigo Bunting

Our latest visitor to our bird feeders is an indigo bunting. I'm quite excited about this one; we never had one before! We actually have two of them that hover in a tree in our backyard. Yesterday during the rain and the terrible wind, this little fella just hung out at our feeders all day long. When they first arrived, they frequently visited our ground feeder, and would be startled if I would go near the window. Yesterday, however, he just didn't seem to mind, and let me stand there to watch him while snapping a few photos. In some of these, I think he might actually be posing.

In other news related to the jewelry stuff, be on the lookout for a new necklace and a new ring this week. Also, don't forget about my May Giveaway, where you can enter to win a wire wrapped ring.

Finally, I also got a treasury this morning where I highlighted many of my favorite jewelery stores on Etsy. Check it out and leave some love!

'Til next time...

5 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

What a beauty. I've never seen one...

Stacy said...

That is a beautiful bird!! We do not have birds that exotic looking where I live.

PA Paula said...

an indigo bunting... lucky you! i've only seen them from quite a distance. I was excited to have a female towhee and a female rose-breasted grosbeak at my feeders... for mother's day of course...

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

Yes I was very pumped about it! There's two of them...this one is the bigger one. We have a TON of grosbeaks, but I haven't seen any towhees yet. I'll have to be on the lookout for them! We also just bought one of those 3 ft tall goldfinch feeders. Wheeeee! But I think they're nesting right now...they were out and about for a little bit, and now they're in hiding.

Margaret said...

he does look rather puffed up and pose-ish. This is my favorite bird, aside from the cockatiel that I had for 10 days.

I was privy to visits from an indigo bunting earlier this spring, but I can not keep my bird feeder filled to save my life ...